Friday, April 13, 2012

Time To Take A Breath!

I delivered the  art work for my upcoming show to Ice House Gallery this morning...... I left Yolanda and Charles working their creative  magic of hanging art....and I am taking a well need breather for the next day or so.  Time to recharge. 

These last few weeks have been busy with finishing a commission, rearranging  my art at Gallery 210 in Berea, entering juried shows/exhibitions and my regular job.......plus trying to create some new art.  The anticipation and excitement that goes along with a show is fun, but at the end I was thinking ...., "I must have been out of my mind to think having a one-woman show  was a great idea".

  Thanks to my  supportive husband for the extra encouragement and wonderful meals he prepared......David  is really a  "creative" as well as a good cook!

 And for all the artists out there.....you know the doubts that creep in when you are showing your work.  You love what you do,  but it's  like "wearing your heart on the outside",  you are vulnerable, you want to touch others with what you have painted......it doesn't have to be the same feelings....it just needs to connect!   Not well said, but I think many artists feel a very similar feeling. 

My last post included the invitation to the reception, the date, time and location is included.

Thank everyone in advance who will be attending..... I will be honored by your attendance.


No comments:

Post a Comment