Thursday, September 20, 2012

Is it Almost Fall ....Already?

Good afternoon to everyone.
 
 Where did the time go?  My last post was a little over two months ago! 

 I shared that I had two workshops planned for August...both  went great and I was able to set up and  teach a third workshop in August as well. 

 I am so excited to work with such creative and talented students who are open to new experineces. These artists show  no fear and are willing to go "whevever the road takes them".   We had such a good time.  Teaching eneregizes me and  helps  me  evaluate  my  own painting process so that I may  present the lesson  in a clear and concise  manner.  For those of you who know me , you know that  I enjoy people, pastel painting  and talking. A great combination and  I am right at home in this atmosphere.

The annual  Woodford County Humane Soceity 2012 Freedom Fest was in June.  The "Sneak Preview Party" at Headley-Whitney Museum was outstanding.   It was my pleasure to donate the  painting of   "Maggie The Beagle" for this event.   Maggie is the face of a homeless dog that found a home......at my house six years ago. My husband and I always wanted a "daughter"....even if she is canine. What a great pet she is......there are so many dogs and cats  just like Maggie waiting for a home.  Please consider adoption if a pet is in your future.

I have two paintings at the KGAC show at Gateway Arts Center in Mt. Sterling, KY during the month of September.  My thanks to Gateway for hosting a exhibition for the KGAC members.  The venue is beautiful.

The fall show season is almost here and I will be busy preparing for two shows. 

 I am a participating  in the Kentucky Guild Of Artists and Craftmens Fall Fair at Indian Fort Theatre in Berea, KY.  The dates are October 13th and 14th.  Their website is www kyguild.org.  You can get more information and directions at the website.  

 In November I will be in Lexington, Ky for the Lexington Art and Craft Show at Heritage Hall at the Lexington Center, 430 Vine Street, Lexington, KY.  Those dates are November, 17 and 18th. The website is www.LexingtonArtShow.com .

If you have a chance, please visit the fairs and see  beautiful fine art and crafts that will be in the artist/exhibitors booths.   I will have new paintings for both shows.  Great holiday shopping.

Hope everyone enjoys this wonderful weather. Have a wonderful week.




No comments:

Post a Comment