Sunday, October 28, 2012

Indian Summer......A Beautiful Memory!

 
                          Good afternoon from "Maggie The Magnificent Beagle"and myself!

 I have enjoyed the "magnificent" weather for the last week and must say how sorry I was to see it end.  

My husband and I had the pleasure of roaming the paths along the  Elkhorn Creek (with Maggie), enjoying open windows with warm breezes and  a trip to one of the most beautiful horse track in the world, Kenneland in Lexington, KY.

 Kenneland was at the height of  autumn beauty with crisp blue skies, warm temperatures and foilage at  peak colors.    No......we didn't win anything....but it is the "experience and ambiance"....well...ok, it would be fun to win some money. 

I am gearing up for the Holiday Fair in Lexington, KY, November 17th and 18th.   I painted this week plein aire (outside and on location).  I enjoyed the experinece....however,  it does take some "getting used to".   When the warm weather returns in the spring I will give it another try. 

Update on Kentucky Guild Of Artists And Craftsmen Fall Fair, October13th and 14th:

Beautiful warm weather to set up on Friday. Saturday was even nicer than Friday .....outstanding for the guests and exhibitors.  Sunday we lost  to the  wind gusts! 

 The KGAC Executive Director/Board and President made the decision to close early. Difficult decision but  correct considering the storms previous history and the concern for the safety of guests and exhibitors. A huge" Thank You" to all the guests who visited the fair  and supported the artisians with your purchases.  

This is defintely a "Spaghetti Sunday"my husband is making "from scratch" his famous sauce for our evening meal.... I can smell it now...ummm.

I want to express my concern for all my friends and family on the east coast, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey, please.... stay safe during the next few days. You are in my thoughts.

Have a week filled with blessings and gratitude.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment